Twit Twit

Saturday, June 5, 2010

Letters to Juliet




What and if... two non-threatening words that when put together, it has the power to haunt you for the rest of your life.

After watching Letters to Juliet, I thought I would be able to blog quite a bit freely outpouring how I was touched by the movie. At times when we are so in love, we tend to not seeing things that we should see.

When we were young, we tend to go after a "perfect partner". Someone beautiful, good looking, romantic, patience, humorous, capable, lovely... whatever the criteria, you name it! We keep searching someone in life and cross-check it with the "must have" list if they match what we need until we run into someone who generally just "meet the eyes". By then only we realize this person can be a whole lot different from what we are looking for in our life.

It's strange that at work, we set target and pursue it until the end, but why this never happen in relationship? In life, we feel the chemistry with the one we like, we want them to be in our lives, but never put in herculean effort to pursue until the end. Often, we tend to give up half way and go "that's it! We are just not working!" It hurts. Somehow, I've learnt that things don't come easily, especially love, and I've also learnt that no one is perfect and that to truly love someone we have to love their flaws.

This is a great movie and if you have not been crying in the cinema for a long time, this could be one of those you will. Enjoy the movie and share with me your thoughts about this movie. :)

No comments: