Twit Twit

Thursday, February 12, 2009

A step forward

FRIENDSHIP WITH GOD

Why was I born??? It's a question often asked by those looking for a meaning in their lives. The answer is simple. We are born to know God - and enjoy His friendship/

It's far more than knowing about God. It's knowing God as a person, as a friend. We exist fod God (1 Corinthians 8:6) and in our friendship wtih Him we find our purpose of living (Acts 17:18)

So why isn't everyone enjoying God's friendship? It's a black and white issue. God is holy (living in light) and people are far from holy (living in darkness).

Still in the dark? Let's throw some light on to the situation.Darkness is a picture of the selfish, confused, misdirected lives we lead without God. Light is a pictue of holiness.

So how do we enjoy friendship with God? When darkness comes close to light, it is changed into light. And to get alongside a holy God we must become holy. Who can make us holy? Only Jesus. He died to rescue us from darkness so we could enjoy the friendship with God in the light.


Remember, God desires you to be His friend more than you desire Him to be you friend and He will never rejects you.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Isn't God's friendship wonderful?
Although believer will still draw themselves away from God or tend to forget that they have Jesus in their lives, but they will never forget that God is always there to pull them back in times of need.

I admit that I've struggled in friendship matters with friends, relationship matters with sisters and even in friendship with God before eventhough I told myself that I will never ever let God out of my life but I failed to secure the mindset because I thought I can settle the spiritual fight and continue to become faithful to Him without the help of God. I purposely stopped praying or talking to God, thinking that God will still knows whatever that I am going through in life though He knows every single detail of it. I was so so so WRONG!
I finally chose to give in to God and asked for forgiveness from Him. I read the bible again and I heard the still small voice so clearly
-God said to me, I'm so glad that you had made up your mind. Remember, I'm always here for you and will never leave you. Don't you ever fall again.
I heard that so clearly.

We may have let God down so often but He will always still wants to be with us.

Know that Jesus took up our infirmities and carried our sorrows. Pierced for our trangressions, crushed for our infirmities, the punishment that brought us peace was upon him, and by his wounds, we are healed. (Isaih 53:4-5)

Readers, I want you to see and realize the importance of this. That in life, we are here to please Him. If we don't, our lives will not be blessed. Remember this and keep this close to your heart. (Quoted from Ps Kevin Loo)

And I know, I shall not doubt Him again because He is with me, in my life. He is also with you, in your life, whether you like it or not. Therefore, do not take God for granted.

Great is the Almighty God. The God I know, righteous and holy, faithful and true, my tower of refuge, who heals hearts, light of the city, strengthens the weak and His heart beats within me.
He's the God of my life.

No comments: