How can I not write about my first solo flight?
This solo flight is actually not the first time for me to travel so far away.
The first time travelling alone for more than 200km was when I was still in semester 4 during my nursing school days, was posted for my practicals in Tanjung Rambutan in the Hospital Bahagia, where I travelled by train from Ipoh back home to KL out of desperation to surprise my mum.
This solo flight is actually not the first time for me to travel so far away.
The first time travelling alone for more than 200km was when I was still in semester 4 during my nursing school days, was posted for my practicals in Tanjung Rambutan in the Hospital Bahagia, where I travelled by train from Ipoh back home to KL out of desperation to surprise my mum.
I know that I am an adventurous person and have always wanted to have a solo trip myself but still have insufficient ideas/funds of where and when to go ahead with such adventurous thoughts.
So comes this solo flight on 28/8/15 to Singapore for 2 nursing jobs interviews.
So comes this solo flight on 28/8/15 to Singapore for 2 nursing jobs interviews.
I wanted to write this while waiting for my flight or when I was killing time in SG but the writing mode in me did not appear due to all the ups and downs which happened the day before I fly as dearest baby bunny passed away while I was at work, then comes the letter of testimonial delivery to my department from my director of nursing which made my day.
There was too much rollercoaster emotions on 27/8/15, and it did made me thought of giving up the trip but I know well that I can't give up the interview opportunities which I have been waited for more than a month and it was so difficult for me to confirm the day off and bought the flight tickets on the very last minute.

I couldn't sleep well that night since I had to wake up at 0300h to prepare myself to drive to airport alone. Thankfully I did not forgot any of my documents such as my passport or my certificates.
The day officially started during breakfast in the airport after all the check in-s with mummy's homemade chicken floss bun and a good cup of cappucino.
The day officially started during breakfast in the airport after all the check in-s with mummy's homemade chicken floss bun and a good cup of cappucino.

Selfie with the cup of cappuccino to wake me up while waiting for boarding...

Hello from AK 701. The flight took off at 0600h and reached SG at 0655h with the perfect landing!

Became more excited about the interviews upon reaching SG even though I didn't manage to nap in the plane. I can really feel the adrenaline rush while I was semi rushing to TTSH for the first interview which took 40mins of MRT ride.
Had another round of snacking in TTSH very canggih kopitiam while had whatsapp call with MrLove before heading to the HR.
Had another round of snacking in TTSH very canggih kopitiam while had whatsapp call with MrLove before heading to the HR.
The first interview of the day started at about 0945h with an ICU nurse manager with a sarcastic HR staff who asked my questions with a sarcastic tone. I was already so tired due to the lack of sleep and I did not sound very well awake since I did not talk much since I woke up.
Felt quite sorry to myself as I really wanted this hospital but feels that I did not do very well in this interview. Shall just hope for the best anyways.
Felt quite sorry to myself as I really wanted this hospital but feels that I did not do very well in this interview. Shall just hope for the best anyways.

Had a quick meet up with Ivy right after the interview at Novena Mall. She's the one and only nurse whom I know who's working in TTSHs ER who encouraged me to apply for TTSH and provided loads of information about the hospital.

Had the next 'appointment' to meet the ex colleagues at Bugis and they managed to bring up the hyper-ness in me before proceeding to the next interview at CGH. Was really happy to spend time with them there and we can't wait to spend more time together in SG. It's sad to hear from them that they can't have any sincere Singaporean friends.
The second interview started at 1530h at CGH. I was interviewed by 2 assistant director of nursing who are very friendly and caring towards my well being. They were kinda shocked and look disappointed when I told them that the best timing for me to start working there will be in April 2016 due to my bond with my current hospital.
I felt that I had more confidence in this interview and I would feel bad if I reject this job offer if I'm offered since the interviewers were so kind.
I felt that I had more confidence in this interview and I would feel bad if I reject this job offer if I'm offered since the interviewers were so kind.
After the interview, I headed to the airport directly with a Sabahan girl whom I met in CGH who had her interview before me. We were so glad to get to know one another at CGH HR and able to walk to MRT together. I guess we had the Malaysian nurses spirit in us which helps nurses to get along very well and able to talk about anything under the sky from hospitals to families, etc :)

Spent the rest of my time in Changi airport before my flight at 1915h. So thankful that I have bestie Wan Ying and mummy to accompany me throughout the journey on whatsapp while MrLove was stuck at work.

I was knocked out immediately after entering the very comfortable MAS plane at about 1900h, yes, I went to SG with Air Asia and left SG with MAS as MAS had better flight timing and it was cheaper than Air Asia.
Had a very good power nap all the way till 1930h and was awaken by the noisiness when the flight took off. But it was all good due to the hospitality in MAS and was served with nuts tidbits and juices. MAS airline FTW!
Had a very good power nap all the way till 1930h and was awaken by the noisiness when the flight took off. But it was all good due to the hospitality in MAS and was served with nuts tidbits and juices. MAS airline FTW!

KLIA looks so disappointing compared to KLIA 2. It's kinda humiliating that everything on MAS was well but KLIA doesn't really provide good impression for me... I then took the KLIA transit to KLIA 2 to collect my car and headed home at 2045h.
Feeling good with my 1 day trip with interviews mission accomplished!
I do foresee that I will need another 1 day trip to SG for body check up/ renting room the next round.
Feeling good with my 1 day trip with interviews mission accomplished!
I do foresee that I will need another 1 day trip to SG for body check up/ renting room the next round.
Looking back, it was a fun filled and tiring trip altogether as I had to rush from 1 place to another but it is only possible with the convenience of MRT. This trip is more to exploring a little of 2 of the hospitals which I went to.
Feelings? Grateful, just plainly grateful for the trip.
http://dayre.me/clawong/nExn13Hqsy
Feelings? Grateful, just plainly grateful for the trip.
http://dayre.me/clawong/nExn13Hqsy
No comments:
Post a Comment