Remember who’s in control.
This is a hard one for nurses. Nursing is a field where your actions and decisions are a huge deal, and in reality they can mean life or death for someone. In that line of thinking it’s easy to become stressed out as you feel you must manage and control everything. But when it comes down to it you don’t have control. You just don’t.
While this is a hard thing to admit, I find it’s actually easier when I can remember that the outcome of my patient isn’t really in my hands. I can do the best I can do, but in the end I have to surrender my performance into the Lord’s hands. And when I do that I can actually catch my breath. He’s in control; he’s got this! Thank God.
Isaiah 55:8-9
“My thoughts are nothing like your thoughts,” says the LORD . “And my ways are far beyond anything you could imagine. For just as the heavens are higher than the earth, so my ways are higher than your ways and my thoughts higher than your thoughts.”
Isaiah 41:10
So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.
Article adapted from:
http://briegowen.com/2015/07/13/5-biblical-truths-to-encourage-nurses/
No comments:
Post a Comment