Twit Twit

Sunday, April 5, 2015

Retarded right wrist

I injured my right wrist. Of all areas, why my RIGHT WRIST!
Omygoodnesssssssssssssss!
I seriously do not know exactly on how it was injured as it isn't the first time but it has the worst pain this time. The same problem happened about every 4 months once previously but the pain would go off after 3 or 4 days.

I started restricting my right wrist movement on 21st by putting on a cardboard splint on my own.

Wrapped the bandage on my own with thick cardboard like this.
 
Then I was on MC on the day where I could not take the pain on 22nd where I can't even flex my wrist upwards or downwards and the sharp pain was horrifying and I was referred to see the Orthopedist on 23rd. At first, the Orthopedist diagnosed me as having Tendonitis due to the symptoms and was given another 3days MC until 25th and TCA on 26th. He readjusted my splint in a 'wrist resting' position.

Hello duckie hand.

However, the pain did not go away although I can flex my hand slightly more without sharp pain later on. I was asked to do a MRI on the 26th and I agreed. It was another horrible experience to keep the hand stagnant laying in the bullet shaped tunnel. My right arm literally froze in the freezing room and I could feel the sharp pain again. Was so relieved when the procedure was done after 35minutes! The next day, the MRI reported that I am having a condition called Triangular Fibrocartilage Complex injury where there is a tear on the foveal ligament.  Even the MRI wrist report won't tell when it was hurt.

Read more here: http://www.methodistorthopedics.com/triangular-fibrocartilage-complex-tfcc-injuries.

Finally I was referred to see a proper hand surgeon and was given a proper wrist brace to strictly immobilize my wrist for another 3 weeks til another follow up on 14th April.
 
Grateful for this wrist brace as I can move my fingers more now.
 

No comments: