Twit Twit

Sunday, April 20, 2008

Last day of Clinical Posting

I was super free at work on the last day of posting for the 1st semester. Things were good. Whether do I like to do sponging for patients or not, I still need to do sponging for the patients who need help in their daily hygiene. It was rather fun at first but when if almost all of the patients in a ward need help in their daily hygiene, the student nurses will be exhausted. If you're asking me how many patients have I sponged, I'll say it's uncountable. I only remember my very 1st patient who had stroke and few cute little old ladies who smile to me when I clean them up. And yeps, I've seen lots of 'unclothed' bodies. Lol. I would say that it's truly a wonderful experience. Sometimes I enjoy cleaning the patients if they are helpful and co-operative but not on the fussy patients or relatives. Some of them are already like half paralysed or couldn't move at all but yet they refuse to have their body being cleaned.

Got the chance to see a wound on a diabetic patient's leg. The legs are swollen til no toes were seen and there's a huge extra thick skin on the foot, with a great big hole. Use ur imagination. The nurses will have to clean this extra 'diabetic skin', with a gauze held by a forcep, gauze is folded and has to be use to dig whatever pus which is in the hole. And the best part is, the diabetic patient doesn't feel any pain at all.

The lesson in this story :
AVOID SWEET FOOD AND DRINKS.

That's about my last day of posting.

Will be going back to college on Monday and exams will be on Tues, Thurs and Sat.
Wish me luck ; )

No comments: